9.03.2009

The Obsession

My friends, I'm sorry to say that I have a new obsession. Its starting to become a problem. First I convinced myself that it was ridiculous, then impractical, and now I simply I must have it.
My item of obsession? A leather skirt.
Please, get rid of thoughts of hoochy club girls and Harley riding babes. My leather skirt is more from Philip Lim and Hermes, in my usual prim and proper pencil and a-line skirt form
Of course, these are a little out of my price range. Considering I'm not sure whether this is a flight of fancy or not (although I have been obsessing for about a month now) I'm not willing to pay much for this skirt. Here are a few that I've been eying on ebay.

This one by Diane von Furstenberg looks just like the Philip Lim skirt, however the bidding has gotten out of my price range.This Emanuel Ungaro skirt is simply a showstopper, but I think that for trying out this trend I want something a little more subtle since the leather is statement enough. However, if you had the personality to go with it this would be a find!I've bid on this Apostrophe high waisted a-line skirt. Perfect. Classic, clean shape with the added edge of black leather. I'm picturing wearing this with a girly blouse and heels with thick black tights for a night out, and with a cozy wrap sweater, flats and a t-shirt during the day. Either way, if I win this it would be a welcome addition to my closet (fingers crossed!)

No comments: