1.14.2011

Much Love to Lands End

I have a serious soft spot for heritage brands, and with a pseudo-preppy style you can imagine my devotion to places like Brooks Brothers, Banana Republic, Lilly Pulitzer, Land's End, Sperry and L.L. Bean.

However, I just ordered a Breton striped shirt and cardigan from Land's End (they're having a super sale at their spin-off brand that j'adore: Lands End Canvas) and the little note I received just made me love them a little bit more:



While their sizes are a bit too generous (I had to return two shirts that I had ordered, much too big in the waist) if I ever have something that I don't mind being a bit slouchy, I will definitely order from them.

For the price, the quality is fantastic (with only a dud here or there, but what do you expect?).
The customer service and return policy is helpful and easy.
Their Canvas brand is a younger, trimmer, updated version of their old brand, which is great.

But that they send hand-written notes to thank customers?
Sold.
It's the little things that count the most to me, and I'll be sure to remember this personal touch if I ever open up my own store.

No comments: