1.31.2010

Sweet & Sour

Darlings, it's that time of year again. Valentine's Day, one of the few holidays that is pretty girl-centric.
I'm in the interesting situation that I actually do have a valentine this year.
Usually me and the girls make chocolate fondue and watch a movie with a smoking hot guy and steamy plot with an award winning actor and well-developed story.

Do you think Blondie would object to chocolate fondue and Leonardo Dicaprio in Romeo and Juliet

In the case that he (probably) would, we'll be going out to dinner. I'm deciding between these two outfits. I guess we'll just see if I feel naughty or nice that day. 



However, for all the people out there who don't have a valentine (aka me every other year) please don't sweat it, there is simply nothing as unattractive as desperation. It's a holiday about love and affection, so why not share that affection with your friends/parents/roommate/cat/yourself?

Being the self-centered indulgent Leo that I am, I tend to prefer the last one.

Erin's Indulgences for Valentine's Day

Schedule a spa appointment, nothing makes me feel better than a facial/massage/mani and pedi.

Go get a box of Godiva chocolates and a romance novel/expensive fashion magazine, then spend the night curled up next to the fire.

Open up a bottle of rose-champagne. Why? Why not?

Put on your freakem dress and go out clubbing with your girls. Go flirt with all the cute boys.

Make chocolate fondue (or other fun, unhealthy, sinfully delicious snack) and watch a steamy movie/romantic comedy with your friends

Put on some red lipstick and go out to that super fancy restaurant with a few friends (or in my case last year, my roommate. It was a bonding experience.)


Of course, I feel that these should be prescribed as often as needed, not just on Valentine's Day, but these are a few things that I have done in past years.
We've all been there, so if you have any crazy-fabulous things for the single ladies to do on Valentine's Day, shout it out in the comments.

No comments: