3.25.2010

Alter Ego

David Bowie has Ziggy Stardust, Beyonce has Sasha Fierce, and Stephanie Joanne Angelina Germanotta has Lady Gaga.

Why can't I have an alter ego too?

I'm not advocating a split personality, but I think having an alter ego wouldn't be a bad thing. Sort of a character to slip into, who happens to be a smarter, braver, better version of yourself to do the impossible.

So long story short apparently some girl transferred to my college this semester. Her name is apparently Sadie Blaze and apparently we are identical twins or something, because I'm constantly getting random people hugging me and yelling down the stairs "Hey SADIE BLAZE! WHAT UP?" and then an embarrassed, "uh, sorry. You just look exactly like my friend..." and then they run away.

But honestly? I kind of like the name. I think I might adopt it as my own personal alter ego (god help me if I ever actually run into Sadie. That's going to be awkward).

And of course, since I'm a fashion geek, I think my alter ego Sadie Blaze would dress something like this:


Basically a cleaner, chicer version of myself (one who doesn't forget to brush her teeth, shave her legs, and where her apartment keys are on a regular basis) and for some reason I think that her hair would be red.

On that note, I'm seriously considering a hair-do update. Maybe going very, very blond for the summer, or trying red again and seeing if it will last longer than 2.5 seconds.

Also update: I got my jumpsuit yesterday and I haven't taken it off since (kidding! Sort of). I'm in love, and seriously considering getting another one.

No comments: