11.12.2010

Hermes

I'm slowly going through the Spring runways.
 I realize just how far behind I am, thankyouverymuch.

So this morning I browsed the Hermes runway, and fell a little in love.
While Burberry Prorsum, Calvin Klein, Jil Sander, and Yves Saint Laurent are always in my favorites list, some of the other big houses are a bit hit or miss for me.

Hermes was definitely a hit.
A few looks I would love to recreate and use as inspiration.






And how sexy is that leather harness? Lust. Want. Need.

Hermes Redux
Hermes


If you remove the show from the runway and make it realistic, besides those sexy leather harnesses and crazy hats, most of the pieces are pretty basic. Menswear suiting combined with a chiffon blouse, and all of the volume reigned in with a leather corset belt and topped off with riding boots and booties.

That means that this show is great inspiration for shaking up a wardrobe and coming up with new outfits.
I know I already own everything I need except for a white vest.
Seems that it's time to go play in my closet : )

Photos thanks to Style.com

1 comment:

*** said...

I love the simplicity of those looks and how easy it would be for all of us to recreate them.

xoxo