2.23.2011

How to De-stink Shoes

It's one of those awkward things you just have to talk about. If you have a favorite pair of shoes, no matter if you always wear socks with them and let them air out, eventually, they will smell.

Thankfully, I lived in hockey country, and you have not encountered a reeking smell until you have a pile of goalie equipment in the corner of the living room.
So a little trick from me to you? Wrap those heels up in a plastic bag, and stick them in the freezer for a day.

No, seriously.

It works. I promise. The cold kills off those bacteria that are causing the smell, and voila! Fresh shoes.

My roommate opened up the freezer today and saw two of my heels chilling in the icebox.
Looked at me, looked at my shoes.....
Shut the door.
"I don't even want to know."

But hey, it works.

No comments: